To be a pilot in any capacity be it private, for your own needs, or commercial for a lifetime career, the choice of helicopter training school is very important. We believe that every student needs a training program tailored to their needs. Students should feel comfortable in the aircraft and most importantly they need to feel comfortable with the people training them.
We provide top quality, safe equipment. We have a number of fully qualified instructors, ready to train you. Having a number of instructors means that at some stage during your training you will have flown with all of them, this provides you with a balanced view from different people that all have varied flight experience and techniques. We have the balance of personnel to give you great all round training. This builds confidence in our students, which is shown in general flying and aircraft knowledge.
Our flight training is based on real commercial flying – not just from the syllabus. People often say that, whom you train with is very important – it is. That is why we train the people the way we do and that most of our students come to us through referral and having this many pilots also means that you can fly when you want, as often as you want - there is no waiting around.
Trial Introductory Flight (T.I.F)
Your first lesson.
The aim of a T.I.F is to give you an enjoyable hands-on experience that you won't soon forget. The lesson starts out with a briefing by your instructor, the briefing will entail the aircrafts controls and what they do, how to control the helicopter and; the type of flying that you will be doing.
After the briefing it's time to fly, you and your instructor will take to the air for your first lesson, your instructor will hand the controls over to you one at a time and then within about 15 minutes you will be in control of the helicopter as you fly freely through the sky to the Moorabbin training area where your instructor will guide you through an array of upper air manoeuvres.
The flight lasts for approximately 30 minutes and should you choose to go on with a licence will count towards your flight time.
If you do decide to go on with you’re licence you need to choose to do either Private or Commercial.
A private licence allows the pilot to carry passengers on flights anywhere in Australia (but not for hire or reward). The minimum requirement for a private licence is 50 hours and the private theory course.
A commercial licence allows you to be employed as a Pilot. The minimum requirement is 105 hours and the commercial theory course.
We offer the following ratings and endorsements:-
- NIGHT VFR RATING: Allows the pilot to fly the helicopter at night under the visual flight rules (VFR) this is a 10 hour course.
- INSTRUMENT RATING: Enables the pilot to fly the helicopter under Instrument Meteorological conditions (IMC). This is a 40 Hour course.
- INSTRUCTOR RATING: Allows a pilot to instruct a student on how to fly a helicopter. This is a 40 Hour course.
- SLING ENDORSEMENT: Enables a Commercial Pilot to fly with a load attached to the cargo hook beneath the helicopter.
- TWIN ENDORSEMENT: Enables the Pilot to fly a Twin Engine Helicopter that he or she is endorsed on.
- FLOAT ENDORSEMENT: A requirement to fly a helicopter which has fixed float landing gear.
- LOW FLYING TRAINING: Enables the Pilot to fly at low level on activities such as Aerial Filming, Surveys and other approved activities. This is a 5 hour course and is usually included in a Commercial Pilot Licence.
Endorsements on a number of helicopters such as:-
- Robinson R22 / R44
- Bell 47
- Bell Jet Ranger B206
- Bell Long Ranger B206L
- AS 350 Squirrel
- AS 355 Squirrel
- Augusta 109
- Eurocopter EC 120
- Eurocopter EC 130
- Hughes/Schweizer 300
- Hughes 500
Every opportunity is used to perfect all emergency procedures. We believe passing the flight test is just the first step in giving you the knowledge to protect yourself and the helicopter in the unlikely event of an emergency. That’s why we create real exercises designed to equip you with the reactive skills to overt dangerous situations.
Commercial Licence Required CPL(H)
$450.00 per hour
The CPL(H) course is GST exempt.
Private Licence Required PPL(H)
$495.00 per hour (GST Included).
Rates valid until 31/3/2012.